Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Becoming a team player


I witnessed a beautiful customer experience while at breakfast at a local restaurant on Monday. I was ordering some fruit and a sandwich and a decaf mocha. The clerk who assisted me was more than friendly and was a devout Christian. She inquired about my faith and asked if i was a believer and I confessed my beliefs as well. As I continued to eat and read a novel. Another clerk who serviced my cash transaction was of another faith, Islam and was equally efficient kind and helpful. She did warn the coffee clerk, tactfully, not to profess her Christian beliefs because it could offend some patrons and to always be politically correct with greetings. The coffee clerk acknowledged that she would change to a generic have a great day instead of the more religious greeting she had offered to cheerfully before. I was impressed that one co worker had just as strong convictions about her faith to say that she was offended, but was tactful, respectful, and seized an opportunity to reach to prevent which was a seemingly naive gesture of kindness from a potential disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment